I love you, not only for what you are, But for what I am when I am with you

I love you, not only for what you are, But for what I am when I am with you

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Diet

I have been frustrated that I cannot lose weight and its for one reason, my eating is really really bad. So a week ago I started this 21 day diet. It's pretty restrictive on what you can have, no grains, dairy, processed foods, salts, etc. You can have all the fruits and veggies that you want, couple of servings of protein, lentils, rice, supplements, and lots of water. Our massage therapist at work did it back in Jan and she lost a lot of weight plus it changed her eating habits. So I decided to do it, to lose some weight but mainly to break my bad eating habits of eating out and lots of sweets. I started to splurge every time we went out. So one week down, two more to go and this is what I have discovered;

There are TOO many food commercials on T.V. ( I hate you red lobster, carls jr, and papa johns)
I don't miss sweets as much as I thought I would
What I miss more than sweets is seasonings like salt
I had to go out to eat when Trev's parents came to town, that was hard
I have learned I like things like arugula, kale, and bok choy
I don't like lentils
I've had several dreams about food, one I went to take a big bite out of chocolate cake and it was all plastic inside. The second I was at in-n-out burger and my food just disappeared. (coincidence? I think not)

My goal is to break my bad eating habits more than weight loss. If I break the bad habits the weight loss will follow. So after one week I have lost 2.5 pounds, I wanted a little more but that's ok. More to follow!

1 comment:

The Fuhrmann's said...

I am glad that it is working for you. I have started to eat more fruits and veggies and trying to cut back on the sweets. I do want to get up to what you are doing.