I love you, not only for what you are, But for what I am when I am with you

I love you, not only for what you are, But for what I am when I am with you

Sunday, August 9, 2009

When the cats away, the mice will play!

Early Thursday morning Treven took off with his brother to go to their family reunion. I opted to stay home as 10 hours of driving, 2 days of camping, and 10 hours of driving sounded like no fun to me. But I had a great couple of days of playing on my own.
Friday morning Charlie and I went for a run. Then I met my friend Jodi for lunch and deep fried oreo's (yum)! Followed by a window shopping trip at the mall. Friday night was off to the Rio for Joe's farewell party. He used to work with Treven but is now off to bigger and better things, and someone had to represent the Porters! Although, I did miss Treven a lot because it is tough to be the only sober person at a party. It felt like the college days rolling into my apartment complex at 2:30 a.m.
Of course unlike the college days I can no longer sleep until noon or later, I was wide awake by 9, my former college self would be disgusted! But no time to rest since it was off to the mall for more shopping with Joe and Paco. After a new sweater, new shoes, new shirt for Treven, a new clutch bad, and some great outfits for Joe at his new job it was off to J. Alexanders for lunch with Becky and then to a movie, followed by more shopping!
At that point I was exhausted and headed home to lay on the couch to do nothing. Followed by a call from Treven who said they were heading home at 10 o'clock at night and would be here bright and early. So much for relaxing I hadn't cleaned the house since Thursday and it was trashed!
As much fun as it was I was happy to be woken up this morning by a very sleepy Treven, even if I did have an upset stomach and I wanted to roll over and die. All in all minus feeling sick this morning I had a fun weekend!

No comments: