I love you, not only for what you are, But for what I am when I am with you

I love you, not only for what you are, But for what I am when I am with you

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Settling in

Well as some people know we moved apartments this weekend and it was not completely smooth. We walked into our new apartment and it has a lot of issues. Broken windows, stains on the carpet, residue of a spilled drink on the window seal, and worst of all, the fridge and freezer smell so rancid I make Treven open it to get anything. I went to the office and had a discussion with the apartment assistant manager and things are in the process of being taken care of. We did discover last night the culprit of the nasty fridge smell. There is a leak under the fridge by the fan and nasty things are growing. It is unfortunate that a place that bills itself as a "luxury apartment" was in such bad shape, but I guess that is just Treven and I's amazing luck we seem to have. To add to the awesome luck I took my camera to take pictures and as I was leaving I opened the door to the stairs, which bumped me and the camera went flying out of my hands, all I could say as I watched in horror while the camera hit every stair and rail for 3 floors was, "oh sh**" When I found the camera on the first floor I couldn't believe it wasn't in a million pieces, and it's pretty banged up BUT it does still work. Hopefully we can get if fixed.
Once all of our issues are taken care of this place will hopefully be a nice place to live. We are on the third floor so we have floor to ceiling windows, vaulted ceilings, a built in office area, separate tub and shower, fireplace, much bigger bedroom, and we are only 5 minutes away from my work and it's the same to Treven's work.
Moving is stressful and very tiring, but at least today everything is done and we are spending the day relaxing before another work week begins.

1 comment:

Kristy said...

I'm amazed that you have such GOOD luck with appartments! Send me your address so I can send your pictures.