I love you, not only for what you are, But for what I am when I am with you

I love you, not only for what you are, But for what I am when I am with you

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Training

I am officially a week in a half away from the danskin triathlon and I am SO nervous!!! Anytime I think about it my stomach gets tied up in knots, I really struggle with doing new things like this. I am afraid of looking like an idiot. Yesterday I was trying to come up with ways that I could get out of doing the race, a sprained ankle??? Nope, I work for chiropractors they would want to work on it. A flat tire on the way to the race? No, my friend will be with me. So it looks like I will be going through with it, I hope I don't become a drowned rat in the middle of the lake. But I have seen dramatic improvements in my fitness level. When I started I could hardly swim a lap in the pool, that's bad considering it's like a 25 yard length and a half a mile is 36 laps. Now I can swim the entire 36 laps with little rest, I'm glad they have canoes on the lake if you need a break. My running is a lot better, before I could only run about 20 minutes max, now I am running around 45 minutes and really only the last 5 is a struggle. Last Saturday part of my training was to do 30 min swim, 30 min bike, 30 min run. It was very exhilarating when I finished the hour in a half, maybe I won't need to be carried off in an ambulance. One thing I know is, part of me wishes the race was this week so I can just get it over with!

2 comments:

The Fuhrmann's said...

Good Luck my friend and I can't wait to see you next month!!!!

Dannenbergs said...

Yea!! You'll do awesome, I know you will! Props to you for taking on this challange, your one Tough Cookie!! Love ya!