I love you, not only for what you are, But for what I am when I am with you

I love you, not only for what you are, But for what I am when I am with you

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Moab and Stuff

Life has been crazy busy at work and at home in general and with a snow day I guess I need to stop procrastinating and get some stuff done! First, my work has decided to open up a second office so my life has gone into overdrive. So if I'm kind of non existent I'm not blowing anyone off, promise.
A few weekends ago Treven, myself, my friend Jodi, her hubs packed up their car and headed to moab so we could run the moab half marathon. I admit I was nervous but not near as nervous as I was for the tri-athlon back in June. Poor Treven was really sick but was not going to miss running after he has been training so hard. We were able to spend Saturday in Arches National Park and then met up with my parents who were also running the race.
Sunday morning came way to soon and before we knew it we were on our way up to the starting line up the scenic highway. I was nervous because before the race the farthest I had ran was 9 miles and now I had to do 13.1! But it was a fantastic day in a beautiful setting, perfect weather, and lots of jitters to keep me running! Jodi and I had a goal that we wanted to finish in under 2 hours 30 minutes, as we past mile 10 we realized we needed to pick up the speed and I don't know where the energy came from but we FLEW the last three miles, and finished under 2:30. Our final time 2:27. Treven and my dad finished in one hour 47 minutes and my mom not far behind us at 3 hours. In my professional opinion of one race :) it was a fantastic place to run and I am excited that Treven and I will be going back to moab in Dec to run their run in the sun 10k.







Along the run More scenic stuff on the run

After the race recovering



The whole gang who ran, my dad, Treven, mom, me, Jodi


My favorite pick of the girls!






The famous arch in Utah




That was not an easy rock to get up on!






Treven and I, so happy to be done!











No comments: